Saturday, July 24, 2010

Glogster.com

I showed this site to my 9th grader and asked him if he has every used this site. He said "No". I asked him if he thought it would make school more interesting and learning fun....he said "YES". I am going to check this out and in-service my elementary teachers on this digital learner tool.

Link: http://edu.glogster.com/

I see, I forget.
I hear, I remember.
I do, I understand.

Today's students need learning to be relevant and meaningful. They are digital learners and as educators, we must get with the times, and become digital teachers.

4 comments:

  1. I agree. I was planning to have my students "blog" last year instead of journal write, but the lack of computers and time made it impossible. Maybe I will be more successful with it next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a good idea. Maybe we could write a grant for a mobile laptop lab to use in fourth grade to help with our writing scores. I think the students would really enjoy it. It would definitely make homework more exciting when they could do it on the computer and share their ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that we have not given teachers access and training on how to weave technology into their lessons. We expect them to be digital natives and lead the charge - unfortunately that is not the case! So,they need support and I think that is a great idea to engage our teachers as learners in the process. They will see the relevance for students and our students will have the opportunity to do meaningful work! Win-Win, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree; it would be a win-win situation. I believe once teachers see how engaging and fun their lessons can be and observe how their students are engaged in active learning- they would weave technology into their lessons. I think administrators and teachers need some hands-on staff development where they could create blogs and search the web for sites like Glogster.com to use in the classroom. You're correct--teachers need the access and training on how to become digital teachers for their digital learners.

    ReplyDelete